Anything important my life can be summed up in a moment. The clarifying moment, the first moment, the last moment, the fleeting instant, the brief glimpse. My foundation is made up of very, very small things. I don't remember most of them, but there are a few that stick with me.
The moment of truth. The sixty seconds in which I felt completely aware and at peace with reality.
The moment of deception. The sudden realization that everything I knew was a lie, and the life I had invested myself in was worth nothing.
The moment of value. I've walked the earth for years and feel like the things I have to show for it won't be worth much when I'm older.
The moment of cold water. The rush of a Pacific Ocean wave, and why I will never leave California.
The moment of love. The dip my stomach made, assuring me I would never get tired of the way things are.
The moment of life. The wave of understanding that I was extremely lucky to have still been alive.
The end moment. The pain that hit me when I knew everything needed to change in order for anything to be right.
Then there are the things that took me years for me to learn. There are things I am still learning. There are the things I will never learn. I will be so disappointed if it turns out that society really determined the person I became. I really hope I have more of a say in it than that.
No comments:
Post a Comment