Tuesday, August 28, 2012

24 hours ago

I like to do this thing the day after I go somewhere cool or hang out with people I like, usually when I'm stuck at work or with someone who could care less about me. I like to think every hour, "24 hours I ago, I was here/doing this..." I can't explain it, but something about doing this makes me feel better, sort of even gives me hope. It reminds me that life isn't always this shitty, boring rut I've dug myself into from years of doing nothing. If I've had awesome experiences in my past, then there's only more of them to look forward to in the future. Things aren't so bad, pretty much.
The first time I ever played the 24 hours game was when I moved to Florida for the first time. After the plane ride, I was trying to sleep in a strange bed. My parents and sister were driving on the road still, and I was alone at my aunt's house. Trying not to cry, I looked at the clock. It was 9 o clock at night, meaning 6 o clock in California. "24 hours ago, I was drinking a beer with Matt Burda." Later I told myself, "24 hours ago, I was on the balcony at Big Paul's apartment laughing with Justin Perkins and Steven Roy." Two more hours later, I thought, "24 hours ago, I was hugging Alex Day goodbye." And then "24 hours ago, I slept in my house in Cupertino for the last time." When it finally started to make me sad, I went even farther back. "48 hours ago I was at the California/Nevada state line to celebrate the new year. 48 hours ago I was sleeping in Tahoe. 48 hours ago we stopped at a restaurant on the way home, and I only had split pea soup because I had thrown up all morning." Pushing things away with the concept of time instead of distance made everything feel so much closer. Everything was different, but it was only 24 hours ago, so how different could things really be? I may have been across the country, but I was only a day away.
I didn't realize that time was more powerful than distance. It was the months that separated me, not the miles. The time I lost I'll never have back. I don't know what I blame it on.
I played when I left Florida, too. "24 hours ago, I was petting Jonah. 24 hours ago, Jesse was kissing me. 24 hours ago, I was with my mom."
The last time this happened was the day back at work after my birthday. I was staring at a cash register and thought, "24 hours ago, I was drinking a tall can on Del Mar Beach. 24 hours ago I was in a hot tub. 24 hours ago I took a nap on Roman's couch after smoking a blunt." I'm pretty sure the smile spread across my face in about a second.
Life is so much better than the things we choose to focus on, and the more we remember what we live for, the easier all the shitty things are. 24 hours ago reminds me of who I am and who I really have in my life. I'm mostly alone out here, but really, truly, I have way more than enough.

54 comments:

  1. Hello. Great job. I did not expect this on a Wednesday.
    This is a great story. Thanks!

    Here is my web blog; website

    ReplyDelete
  2. All right this YouTube video is much improved than last
    one, this one has fastidious picture feature as well as audio.



    Feel free to surf to my web-site: yongyuandepengyou.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dear, are you enjoying with this humorous YouTube video?
    Hmmm, that’s good, I am also watching this YouTube joke
    video at the moment.

    Also visit my website extremeshowoff.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, thanks for all the visitors, I will upload many more
    video clips in coming days, admin

    My homepage: venaticfanatics.com
    my website: http://diymodeling.com/Jere69Z

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I can’t understand how to add your site in my rss reader.
    Can you Help me, please

    Also visit my web page: http://www.programaformacionintegral.cl/
    My page :: bookofseven.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This webpage is containing a pleasant stuff of humorous YouTube video lessons, I loved it a lot.


    Here is my webpage ... http://dating.com.bd/blog/55569/the-impact-of-google-community-business-enterprise-listing-and-mobile-coupo
    my web page > website

    ReplyDelete
  7. If some one wants expert view on the topic of blogging and
    site-building after that i advise him/her to visit
    this website, Keep up the fastidious job.

    Also visit my site: best-friend.ir

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I can’t understand how to add your site in my rss reader.
    Can you Help me, please

    My web-site :: http://linkedout.co/groups/new-jersey-mobile-coupons-relevant-posts/
    my website > mydepression.org

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! Its genuinely awesome article, I have got much
    clear idea regarding from this piece of writing.


    Feel free to visit my web site ... hightechscouting.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What’s up every buddy, it’s a impressive entertaining at at this place watching these funny YouTube videos at
    here, nice stuff, thanks to admin of this site

    Feel free to surf to my web site www.dyca.org.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! this cartoon type YouTube video I have seen when I was in primary level and at the present I am in academy and watching that again here.


    Check out my page; http://tagpat.com/index.php?do=/profile-15967/info

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohhh nice info

    Look into my web site - website

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you are going for finest contents like myself,
    just go to see this site daily for the reason that it gives feature contents,
    thanks

    Also visit my weblog :: website

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello to all, how is the whole thing, I think every one is getting
    more from this website, and your views are
    pleasant in favor of new people.

    Here is my homepage www.dirtyepicltd.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. YouTube is world’s biggest video sharing site, no one can defeat it.
    Every one upload movies at YouTube after that obtain embed code and post anywhere.


    Take a look at my homepage reading.my
    My page > iwanttobepresident.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. To start earning money with your blog, initially use Google
    Adsense but gradually as your traffic increases, keep adding
    more and more money making programs to your site.


    my webpage; http://www.braggingit.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can any one tell me that is there any on the web
    classes for Search engine marketing, because I wish for to learn more
    on the topic of Search engine marketing.

    Also visit my site: website
    my site - http://thinkoutsidetheboxtoday.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. If you apply these kinds of methods for increasing traffic on your own
    webpage, I am sure you will notice the change in few days.


    Feel free to surf to my site ... mixtvnetwork.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hurrah! At last I got a webpage from where I be able to actually obtain valuable facts regarding
    my study and knowledge.

    Here is my web site - wiccanclub.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, I just wanted to tell you, you’re dead wrong. Your article doesn’t
    make any sense.

    Feel free to visit my site stevenlutz.com
    my webpage - n.modareb.me

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very quickly this website will be famous among all blogging people, due
    to it’s fastidious articles or reviews

    my website: cogzideltemplates.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hurrah, what a quality it is! Since mostly YouTube video tutorials have no pleasant feature, but
    this is in fact a fastidious quality video.

    My blog post website

    ReplyDelete
  23. My family always say that I am wasting my time here at net, but I know I am getting experience all the time by reading such
    pleasant posts.

    Here is my web-site www.hightechscouting.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Its my destiny to visit at this blog and find out my required paragraph along with video demo, that’s YouTube video
    and its also in quality.

    Check out my blog post :: website

    ReplyDelete
  25. My family always say that I am wasting my time here at net, but I know I am getting experience all the time
    by reading such pleasant posts.

    Feel free to visit my page :: website

    ReplyDelete
  26. thanks !! very helpful post!

    my web-site ... http://social.wpu4u.com
    My webpage > meet.stevenlutz.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. This post is good and fruitful in support of all new Personal
    home pages related web programmers; they must study it and perform the practice.


    Also visit my web page - website

    ReplyDelete
  28. Quality content is the key to invite the users to go to see the site, that’s what this website is providing.



    Here is my homepage: first-friends.jp

    ReplyDelete
  29. gr8 resrch bro…

    my web-site :: www.letsgame.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  30. Actually picture is the presentation of some one’s feelings; it provides the lesson to the viewers.



    Here is my web blog www.kapuwa.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi, of course this post is genuinely fastidious and I have learned lot of things from it
    about blogging. thanks.

    Feel free to surf to my web site :: http://www.afroglobe.net/index.php?do=/profile-34901/info

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello, I found your blog in a new directory of blogs.
    I dont know how your blog came up, must have been a typo, Your blog looks
    good. Have a nice day.

    Here is my web-site; website
    My web page > www.thinkpositive.we.bs

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi there to every body, it’s my first go to see of this web
    site; this weblog consists of awesome and in fact good stuff for
    visitors.

    My web-site ... http://transconventional.com/ISPRemona

    ReplyDelete
  34. Remarkable video, actually a pleasant quality, this YouTube video touched me a lot in
    terms of features.

    Also visit my blog post - social.9imaging.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I think a visualized display can be better then just a
    straightforward text, if stuff are defined in graphics one can without difficulty be familiar with these.


    Feel free to visit my website; nhom.com
    Also see my site - plutos.org.uk

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is my first time go to see at here and i am genuinely pleassant to read everthing at one place.


    My blog - http://www.amigosdivebelize.com/

    ReplyDelete
  37. Sharing some thing is better than keeping up-to our self,
    thus the YouTube video that is posted at this time I am going to share through my family and mates.


    Take a look at my web-site: dev.lefam.org
    my web site - www.webmunicate.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. My boss is as well keen of YouTube comic movies,
    he also watch these even in workplace hehehe..

    my homepage; website

    ReplyDelete
  39. If you want to improve your knowledge only keep visiting this website and be
    updated with the most recent news update posted here.

    Here is my web page; org.uk

    ReplyDelete
  40. I usually don’t post in Blogs but your blog forced me to,
    amazing work.. beautiful …

    Feel free to visit my web blog :: www.armchairxplorer.com
    Also see my site :: http://whitepeopleclub.com/

    ReplyDelete
  41. That’s Too nice, when it comes in india hope it can
    make a Rocking place for youngster.. hope that
    come true.

    Here is my web page :: croadria-agency.com
    my web site > website

    ReplyDelete
  42. This paragraph is related to web programming
    is in fact good in favor of me as I am web developer.
    Thanks for sharing keep it up.

    Feel free to surf to my homepage website

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hello webmaster I like your post ….

    Feel free to visit my web blog; www.fine50.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wow, this article is pleasant, my younger sister is analyzing these kinds of things,
    so I am going to tell her.

    Feel free to surf to my webpage :: http://www.twinsky.net/node/30118

    ReplyDelete
  45. I and my friends watch the football game clips at YouTube
    for all time, because they have in nice quality.

    My web blog mzajbook.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. When I saw this web site having amazing featured YouTube videos, I
    decided to watch out these all videos.

    Check out my page ... netfriendz.com
    my site > http://www.lovelyrecipe.com/Find-Out-How-To-Utilize-Mobile-Coupons-In-Four-Effortless-Techniques.htm

    ReplyDelete
  47. As a Newbie, I am always searching online for articles
    that can help me. Thank you

    my site: http://web-tv.org/read_blog/159089/coupons-for-target-related-posts
    My webpage > website

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi, just wanted to tell you, I enjoyed this blog post. It was funny.
    Keep on posting!

    My site: pussymonster.net

    ReplyDelete
  49. That’s Too nice, when it comes in india hope it
    can make a Rocking place for youngster.. hope that come true.


    Also visit my website http://burirockclub.com/index.php?do=/blog/95150/area-mobile-advertising-related-articles-or-blog-posts
    my web site: froxh.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. As a Newbie, I am always searching online for articles that can help me.
    Thank you

    my web page ... edealsonline.org
    Also see my webpage: edealsonline.org

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hi there to every one, the contents present at this web page are actually amazing for people knowledge, well, keep up the good
    work fellows.

    Here is my web page: http://shoesclub.net

    ReplyDelete
  52. Ηi there, I do think your site may bе having web broωser compаtibilіtу prоblems.
    Wheneѵеr І looκ at your wеb sіtе in Safaгi,
    it lοоks finе but when oрening in Intеrnеt Explοrer,
    іt's got some overlapping issues. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Besides that, great site!

    Take a look at my site ... raspberryketoned.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  53. Excellent post. I used to be checking continuously this blog and I am impressed!
    Very helpful info specially the remaining phase :) I take
    care of such information much. I used to be looking for this particular information for a long time.
    Thank you and best of luck. ageless male - ageless male tv ad
    - ageless male

    My web site - amazon ageless male reviews

    ReplyDelete
  54. Ι am suгe thiѕ ρiece of ωrіting has touched all
    the inteгnet pеople, its really reallу good paragraph on building up
    new weblog.

    Heгe is mу web page green coffee

    ReplyDelete

whatsssuppp

free counters