Okay, so this is what's up.
This episode focused more on Anya, Sav, and Sav's little sister, whatever her name is, but we'll call her Backwoods to save us all confusion.
Some weird stuff happened. Apparently they were going on some wilderness trip with the school for a reason I still haven't fully understood. Backwoods has developed a crush on that one tough kid of the bunch, the one who harassed Darcy version Crazy Slut, which was confusing enough in its own right. The part that confused me the most was how intrigued by his character I have suddenly become. He was making fun of all the loser dorks who were collecting moths, much to the delight of Backwoods. She follows him around the woods practically the whole trip, and he is not really giving her the time of day. But you can tell he is sorta down. Eventually they end up playing poker (not of the strip variety thank goodness) when one of the nerds lets a snake loose in his tent for making fun of him.
They run out screaming, and Danny informs them, "Hey, it's just a Gardner snake, completely harmless."
And tough guy is like, "I know, I thought it was a [something oddly specific] rattler."
Meaning tough guy is really a closet nerd! I love it, I love this guy.
While that is going on, Sav is hoping to take his relationship to the next level with Anya. I mean, they HAVE been going out for six months, so the natural course of a high school relationship after six months is have sex, right? And not just have sex, but lose their virginity to each other.
Hahaha, right, that was really irritating for me.
Anyways, on the night of their six month anniversary, Anya crawls into his tent and surprises him with a present. The present is not what you think. She drops the ball that she wants to become a Muslim for him.
WHA WHA WHAAATTT?
I guess she doesn't understand that you don't just become Muslim, you actually kind of have to believe and follow Islam. If only it were so easy. I guess she could fake it till she made it, etc. Then they start making out and she finds condoms and his pocket, and says,
"You thought I would have sex with you?" And he starts stammering excuses and apologies, but then she admits that she is down to do it, right here, right now in this tent on a school field trip.
Just as things start getting steamy, Backwoods and Closet Nerd are causing a scene, so Sav leaves the tent to bitch at his sister for being alone with a boy and being impure and disgraceful.
So Anya is pissed. Once they get back to school, she dumps his Muslim ass for his disgusting double standard.
I thought that was cool, because it's rare people ever address that double standard. But really, I don't understand how guys can expect their girlfriends to be a down bitch, but lose respect for anyone else who is. Like, they care what people think of their little sisters, but don't care if people will think less of their own girlfriend. Showing Sav did not truly love Anya, or else he wouldn't want her to be considered a disgrace, either. And it showed what he REALLY thought of girls who put out, so even though he wanted it from Anya, in the back of his mind, he would have lost mad respect for her if they actually did it.
Apparently it does not apply to those from whom you are getting it from, but only to those who are giving it out to someone else.
Guys are weird and gross.
No comments:
Post a Comment